Monday, June 1, 2009

Atkins Diet Day 1

So far I am doing pretty good. I had sausage and eggs for breakfast, which is awesome, since I love sausage and eggs. I had planned to have burgers for lunch, but I stupidly forgot that I need to cook them first....duh!! I was running out of time, so I just grabbed some shrimp and some butter, and took that for lunch. I also had a salad, some cheese, some olives, and a Atkins bar. I have had about 75 oz of water so far today, and no coke or coffee. The shrimp was excellent, even though I left the garlic salt at home. Tonight we are having chicken and some vegetables. I marinaded the chicken in EVOO, Plowboys Yardbird Seasoning, and some Italian Seasoning. It should be great. I think I will probably grill them, since I need to cook those burgers anyway.

I was only able to do 10 minutes on the elliptical today, but its a start. I am not the biggest fan about using the shower at work, but it is a price worth paying. I did do a set of bench presses as well, but only because I felt like a wuss for only doing 10 minutes of cardio. I am going to work out a routine where I only do cardio three days a week, and concentrate on lifting the other two.

Oh yeah...I guess I should say that I started out at 316 pounds today, according to the Wii Fit. My ultimate goal is do get down to under 200, but that is way down the road. For now I am just looking for under 300, and then it will hopefully spiral from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment